Samsung Gear VR Start Guide
In this guide we'll walk you through how to view our Grooby 3D Videos on your Samsung Gear VR device, using your Samsung mobile phone.
1. Ensure you're up to date!
Please ensure your phone is running the latest version of Android and Oculus Store.
2. Download your chosen video and copy to phone
Once you have dowloaded your video you can then copy it to your phone.
Alternatively, you may use the free Skybox app to stream the video from your computer to your phone. See note below.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable. Depending on your phone you may need to touch and drag the notification bar down then selected "Connected as a media device" before you can copy your files.
- Navigate to your Movies folder and copy your GroobyVR video to this location.
if you see this image or a similar one, please click "no, just copy" so you don't change the format of the file.
3. Start the Samsung Gear VR
Load your phone into your headset and allow Oculus to load. This should happen automatically when you connect your headset. Place your headset on, and if possible we also recommend headphones for the fully immersive experience!
4. Play the Video!
Once in your Oculus home, go to your Library where you will see all of your videos listed, including your 360 Videos. Select your GroobyVR video you just copied then sit back and enjoy! If given a viewing option, choose '180 x 180 3dh'.
We also strongly recommend Skybox VR Player
app which can be downloaded for free from within Oculus. It provides a better experience, and also allows you to stream your VR videos directly from your computer over your wifi network - saving you from copying your videos to your phone and saving your precious phone storage space!
If your video does not display correctly in Skybox, please use this guide